The Black Star International Film Festival is going into its fourth year. In three years we have become an acknowledged growing festival on the continent, attracting top level acts, distributors, filmmakers, agents and press.
In 2018, our 9 day events screened 32 films from 19 countries. Filmmakers, distributors, agents, financiers, policy makers and other stakeholders travelled from all over the world to be part of this growing phenomenon.
Submissions open on Friday, 1st February 2019.
- Feature film: The length should be a minimum of 60 mins.
- Short Film: Film should be less than 60 mins long.
- Student Film: This is to award the next generation of filmmakers, therefore the film must be made entirely by students. Evidence of a student card and an email confirmation from your head of department is a must.
- Women in Film: Film must have a predominant female crew. Either the Producer, Director, Cinematographer and Writer must be a woman. Any three of the above.
- Animation: an animated film
- Africa Rising : Film that connects to the special story of Africa and stories that highlight special issues peculiar to the continent of Africa
Website for submissions:
Submissions closes on 31st March 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
Please contact us by email at email@example.com for further information related to Film submissions.